SEARCH ENGINE OPTIMIZATION (SEO)
Marketing Your Business
Gone are the days when you could throw up a website and start getting calls. In the early days very few businesses had websites so it was easy to get out front. For someone who understood even a few basics of optimization being #1 on page 1 wasn't out of the ordinary.
Now that the internet is a much more ubiquitous business marketing tool a lot more businesses have websites and are working to ensure their website it seen. Because of this getting your website to come up when people search for the service or product you provide is much more difficult. With only a few results possible per page on search engines, you can quickly see the issue.
In the old days one way to get seen first was to pay thousands of dollars a month for a full page yellow pages ad. This stopped your competitors from doing the same thing so you could dominate your local market. Today it's Search Engine Optimization, Google Ad words (paying for visibility), Social media marketing (both organic stuff you do and ads you can pay to run) and all the tradition marketing that still exists.
SEO Makes sure your website comes up when people search for your products or services, not just your business name.
Not everybody can be first (or even on the first page) and your search rankings depend upon many factors including:
- How long has your site be up compared to your competition.
- Do you list your address in your Google/Bing Business Pages.
- Are you listed in relevant directory sites such as Yelp or Home Advisor, etc.
- Google's Search Ranking changes.
- How much content your site has.
- How often your site changes.
- What other advertising you do to drive traffic to your site.
- How active you are using Social Media to drive traffic.
I specialize in working with the content and code of your website:
My SEO work focuses on changes to your website (content and meta tags.) The goal is to ensure long term benefit, not just paying for advertising that ends when you stop.
I can optimize your site by updating:
- Meta tags
- Page titles
- Content edits
- Image tags
I can work on your site each month to find the best path forward. Because your rankings depend upon what your competition is doing it's not a one time and done kind of thing. If you are changing your emphasis, adding or removing services or products I can adjust your website to match.
Ad Hoc SEO
I can make edits any time you request them. Let me know what you need and I'll do my thing. As the edits I make are a part of your website, you get on-going benefit even if you don't contact me for updates very often.
Other marketing things to consider
The days of being the only guy with a good website are long gone. As a business owner you need to keep in mind that other more traditional means of marketing your business might be required to achieve success in your niche.
- Google Adwords
- Facebook and/other social media advertising
- Vehicle wraps (turn your work truck/car into a billboard
- YouTube videos
- Podcasting (think radio show you produce without a station)
- Direct mailers/Valupak
- Business Networking Meetings
- Other traditional marketing